Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1 Month and counting.....

It has been 1 month since this little one entered the world. What a month!  I was so blessed to be able to have help for 2 weeks after I came home from the hospital before I was on my own with 4 littles.  By the grace of God we have been doing much better than I ever expected!

Day 2 of life....so sweet and sleepy.....so wonderful to be in a hospital and be waited on hand and foot with a nighttime nursery where all I do is feed the little sugar plum and send her back to the lovely nurses so they can put her to sleep.  lol  I enjoy my hospital stays can you tell?  They're sort of like a mini-vacay for me. :)
Awake and alert after a nice warm bath.  Finally starting to like them a little more.
I am LOVING cloth diapers.  Seriously, why did I never use them before??!!
We took a trip to Grandpa and Grandma's cottage over labor day weekend (above).  We learned that Eliza may have a hard time not sleeping somewhere familiar.....even after only 3 weeks of life!  I must say she really enjoyed snuggling with Grandma all weekend though....and slept very good in her arms. :)

These kiddos absolutely adore her.  Silas will continue to hold her even if she is crying as loud as shecan.

Asa asks to hold her all. the. time.  AND at the most inconvenient times (like when she's eating or fussy)...maybe he does it on purpose so he won't have to hold her....but looking at this smile I really doubt it.
Annabelle is the BEST big sister and is so excited by how much she's changing everyday.  She can hardly wait until Eliza is moving around and able to play more.  She drew a beautiful picture of them  playing in a field of flowers under a rainbow.
1 Month.
Pretty, pink and precious.
What a fun month it has been.  I wish she could stay little and tiny forever.  Bittersweet because this is the last time we will be here with our own little one.  Just trying to take it one moment at a time and doing my best to treasure every single second (even when it's frustrating).  Looking forward to the smiles and cooing that the next couple months have in store for us.  Happy blogging.

jess_hak

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL KIDS AND A TRUE BLESSING FROM ABOVE! Jessica, you and Zak are absolutely awesome parents. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete