Saturday, April 28, 2012

Garage Sale Treasures: Week 2

I had a boring week of good deals.  I went to this huge annual sale and I was very flustered.  It was on Wednesday which is something different for around here....it was also 45min. away.  I went because we were out of town this weekend and weren't going to be around so I figured if the block sales were as good as they were advertised they were worth the drive.  I don't know if it was because I had my kids (which I normally do anyway), or if because the streets were packed with cars, people, port-a-potties, and food vendors (or a combination of both)....but I just wasn't clicking with these sales.  The prices were high, not what I was looking for, didn't feel like digging through piles, and my kids were not very patient with me....plus mobility was insane!  Anyway, I did walk away with a few decent finds.

I bought this sweet set of Beatrix Potter books for a good friend of mine who just had a baby recently.  Very nice books that don't even look like they've been used. $1.75
We have needed new kids cups for a very long time....found some ugly vintage ones (that actually match our ugly vintage kitchen lol). 1.00
There was a sale with DVDs 3 for $5....I'm always looking for some new viewing for longer car rides.  I'm going to have to watch these....I avoided Barbie for a long time, then I watched a couple and decided they weren't all that bad, but my littles were watching one of these and I was a little weirded out by some of the things I was hearing....very 'this boy is cute' oriented...and I just don't think I'm ready for Annabelle to be thinking like that. lol
Found some decent books at a decent price.  All the books were .25 with the exception of the American Girl books which were 1.00.  I was disappointed with the 1.00 price on those because they had a wonderful collection of them at that sale (probably around 20 books)....and I would've swooped them all up if they had been .50-.75.....probably should've just haggled with them a little to see, but I just wasn't in the mood for haggling so I just grabbed a couple that I knew I needed to help fill in some of our collection. $3.50
United States coloring book for .25 and the One Small Square books for $1.00 a piece (we LOVE these books)! $2.25
I bought this illustrated Bible for $2.00.  This is probably my favorite purchase this week.  I absolutely love it.  It has so many obscure stories in it along with all the popular ones......
I think what I like the most though is that on the same page of the story at the bottom of the page there is an 'About the Story' section.  It gives some really great information/fun facts about the story to make it become more real/put it into perspective for the little ones.  Looking forward to reading through this with my littles.
That was it.....boring.....3 1/2 streets in 3 hours (with 4 more additional streets had I wanted to continue.....I didn't).  My kids were done and I didn't have the gumption to continue.  However, we obtained a fun memory....my son learned that he could pee in a pringles can in the van (that was before I knew they had port-a-potties there....we did get that experience under our belts though too).  He thought it was the greatest thing in the world. lol

GRAND TOTAL: $15.50

Linking up to Garage Sale Treasures.  Happy blogging!

jess_hak

4 comments:

  1. Some days are just like that. You still did very well and now your son has bragging rights! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score!!!

    Nice find on the books...I've been looking for a used copy of One Small Square: Pond and One Small Square:Woods for months now! And the Beatrix Potter Books are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you posted this awhile back, but I wanted to mention that we LOVE the Barbie movies! I have seen the ones you have except Barbie Mariposa. 12 Dancing Princesses is maybe the boy one you are talking about. No worries I love how they portray true romance of falling in love for who you really are and then they get married before they ever even kiss :).

    ReplyDelete