Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Linky Parties/Memes/Blog Hops.....

I'm not sure on the correct name. I like them all (although I must admit Meme sounds a bit more sophisticated that what I am lol). I started linking up and seeing my stats raise and that excited me. Then I wondered why it was exciting me. I do not need a gazillion followers or hundreds of comments on every post. Still it is nice to know that someone is reading, and that they like what I did with my littles. It is nice to know that I can encourage and inspire just by blogging our week. There are many times when I've been having a so-so day and I receive a kind comment and it makes me smile. I finally realized just why it excited me. Not because my stats went up, but because I was connecting with others in the outside world who are in the same stage/circumstance of life I am in. For a SAHM that can be hard to do!

I have come to be acquainted with many of these bloggy moms, and would dare even call some friends. I am so glad that I have gotten to know them and would even say that they are a blessing and used by the Lord to encourage and inspire me. In turn I try to do the same for others out there (I love leaving comments!).

Enough sappiness and depth, this is mainly a post to say if you are just jumping into the blog world I encourage you to jump in with both feet and become part of this fun community. So I wanted to give a shout out to my linky parties.....AND a few of my faithful commenters/friends.

Linky Parties:

1+1+1=1
Tot School
This is where I connect with other fantastic moms of toddlers to exchange ideas
Carisa also has some incredible FREE printables!


Homeschool Creations

This is where I connect with other great moms of preschoolers/5Kers
Jolanthe hase amazing FREE printable too!

Our Country Road

This is a brand new one TODAY! Connect with others who LOVE Pinterest. :)
This is also a great blog full of homeschooling ideas and one of my favorite reads.

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
Classified: Mom
I just started linking up to this one a couple weeks ago
Where I find some fun crafty ideas.

One Hook Wonder and Living Montessori Now
Another one I just joined a couple weeks ago.
Where I find fabulous tray activities.

My Life on a Taffy Pull
(I have never figured out where her garage sale button code is. lol)
Where I connect with people who LOVE to garage sale as much as I do
PLUS, one of my favorite reads.

Weird, Unsocialized, Homeschoolers
Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
I haven't linked up to this yet, but will eventually. Kris hosts a Weekly Wrap Up
Great place to connect with homeschool families younger elementary - highschool.

Now a few shout outs to some of my favorite people (minus the two mentioned above).
Beth of From the Hive - super fun and so easy to read, plus I really like her!
Carolyn of Purpose Driven Home - we are pretty much the same person. :)
Charla of Hiding Away in History - a fellow Winter Promise user and really nice.
Amanda of Nursery Rhymes and Fun Times - she is always leaving me sweet comments. :)
Cassie of Engineering Mom - someone I know in real life. New to the blog world, but put together her very own state history curriculum this year, and is switching from traditional textbook teaching to a whole book style of learning (with lapbooking and notebooking).....should be fun to read about. :)

Well, that's it for now....just wanted to send out some love, and encourage others to get connected!


HAPPY BLOGGING!!

jess_hak

6 comments:

  1. I have come to realize in a short time that comments mean I am not doing this alone, that there are others out there just like me. - Love you too my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! I hope you can think of me as a friend! That's how I think of you! I don't actually have a "code" for my garage sale button...my husband had to make the other one for me and he showed me how...but I can't remember...oh well! The one you used works! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Thanks for the shout out! You made my night! I love reading your homeschool adventures. :) As a mom, I just love being able to connect with other moms who have kids the same age as mine. It's so wonderful to share ideas and know you're not alone! Sometimes I wonder why I bother writing, but then I either get a comment or read another inspiring post and get excited for what the next day may bring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy I started getting involved in the link parties! I've discovered some fabulous new blogs & great ideas... and have really enjoyed connecting with others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this! What a great encouragement. I have just started to put together a "plan" for blogging about our homeschool adventure. I usually just put up a post now and again for my husband to keep up with when he's away. I hope to keep a better record and connecting with people might be a great motivator to keep blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete