Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sneak Peek Week 16: Moses (cont.), Gumballs, Turkeys

Still missing my November/December crayon. :( We are behind in our lessons. Trying not to let that bother me too much. December is a 5 week month so that should give us plenty of time to catch up. We were supposed to be introducing the letter Hh this week, but I'm going to wait until next week so we can work on Gg some more, and doing some alphabet review. With all these new skills that Annabelle is learning I'm a little worried that she will forget all the other things that she learned. So this review will give me a good assessment of where Annabelle is at. This week I also want to start working more on her learning to write her name. I noticed that this must be one of the first things that they teach in a public preschool which makes sense (because when you have 20 kids you really need to know whose paper belongs to who). Annabelle will write most of the letters in her name, just not in the correct order. So I'm hoping by the end of the year she will have it down.

We will be continuing with our Moses lessons this week. Hoping we will get through the plagues, the parting of the Red Sea, and the Ten Commandments. I will post more on what we are doing with that in the Week in Review.

Let me apologize in advance for a couple messy pictures. I was just trying to take them and post them so I could finish prepping them. So without further delay here are our Turkey activities.

On the top is a color the turkey book for Asa. This and other cute activities can be found here: http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/2010/11/thanksgiving-preschool-pack.html

The rest of the activities include a feather number match, patterning feathers, and a feed the turkey game and can be found here: http://www.2teachingmommies.com/2010/11/turkeys.html




This is a turkey bowl game that I made. Pretty self explanatory.
And I know that these brown lumps do not look very attractive at this moment, but they will look much cuter in our week in review. Follow this link to see what we're going to do with our chocolate play-doh (that smells really yummy!)
http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/2010/11/turkey-playdough.html


I will say that even though it smells good I did not like the recipe that I used for this. It turned out really dry and I have no idea what to do about it. I did add more water which seemed to help. I also ran out of regular table salt so I had to use our kosher coarse salt....which really tore up my hands in the kneading process and did not dissolve good (hence the white flecks in the dough). Lesson learned: If you run out of regular table salt go to the store and get more. lol


These next activities can be found here: http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2010/01/prek-letter-g.html


I don't know how well you can see the individual activities, but I will explain them clockwise starting in the top left: Gg gumball sort, Math activity (place as corresponding amount of gumballs in the machine), Roll a Gumball Machine (the kids love any game that they get to use the big dice for), and Annabelle's first color by number (I really hope that she likes it)!

This is a random counting file folder game that I found. This week we are reviewing numbers 1-6 so this fit in, plus who doesn't love an ice cream learning game? lol We are moving slower than I would like on numbers, but she is having a more difficult time with them. She can count to 14 (sometimes 15) before she is totally lost so I need to come up with a new strategy. A more consistent calendar time will most likely help with this.



Here is one of Asa's trays for the week. I found this at the Dollar Tree along with a lowercase one! They have some great learning toys right now for Christmas I'm assuming.

These are Silas' new trays for the week, I left out his blocks and his bead rollercoaster.
This is the pouring activity that you saw in the previous Week in Review post.
Just got this fun peg discovery toy off of Craigslist.

Some more new books from Target's Dollar Spot.


And a shape sorter (also from the Dollar Tree!).



Well, that is our upcoming week in a nutshell. Hope you have as much fun as we will (speaking positive words cause its been a rough morning). Happy blogging.
jess_hak






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting Jessica. You are a busy busy mommie, and a great one also. Love you. Hope to wee you soon.
    Grandpa Smith

    ReplyDelete