Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week 2 in Review

Whew....another week done. This week was a whirlwind of activity. Needless to say with extra kids and a spontaneous day out with Grandma I didn't get everything that I wanted to get done this week done. But this is the beauty of homeschooling. I can let my kids take a day off here and there and it is not so hard to make up. We still did get a lot done. The Balloon Bat game that I talked about the previous post did not get played, but it definately will be on the schedule this week.

Again this week Annabelle had such a great time. I always give her the option of wanting to school or not, and everyday she responds excitedly about wanting to do it. She is making progress with phonics. I think that once she actually catches on there will be no stopping her. I stumbled upon a website in a homeschool forum that I think is just plan fun...and it's free! www.starfall.com It's a site with games on it for learning phonics. Go and visit, I don't think that you will be disappointed.

I will be posting a couple different times this week. One the normal rundown of our week, and something that I am so excited to share with you. A wonderful new world has been opened up to me....the world of lapbooking...more to come about that later. Hopefully, by Wednesday. I included a couple pictures of our week. Enjoy! Happy blogging.

jess_hak

Sprinkling coffee on her 'brown bear'.



This was by far her favorite craft of the week. We did a brown bear and a polar bear with their caves. She 'pet' them all day and wanted her picture taken next to them :)




Up close with the bears.


This is her finished brown bear. Her letter Bb's dressed up to look like bees...cute, Asa's color buddy...it's supposed to be a red rose lol, a polar bear (this one was sprinkled with salt), and Annabelle's number 1 buddy. All in all....a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bears in their caves too! Cute! You can definitely see how much fun Annabelle is having and how proud she is.

    ReplyDelete